AVIC411.com

Hey everyone,

I used to use a 2GB usb stick since i got my F900BT back in july, had no problems....and for about a month or two now, ive been using a 4gb usb, and for the first few weeks, everything was running perfectly!

(i originally tried using an 8gb usb but my unit couldnt even detect it)

so for about a month now, some random songs just freeze up the unit when i select them or if they are played as a proceeding track alphabetically. so i take the usb to my computer, format it completely, run the disk error checking and the standard windows tools, and it finds no errors, and therefore the disk is clean....then i drag all my original tracks back onto it, put it back into the car and this time, different songs just start freezing, and by freezing, i mean that the song still plays and the unit is still running, as well as the GPS (if being used) but when i touch the screen, i cant change the track or pause/change folder/EQ/change source anything!! the only thing i CAN do is press the MENU button, then when i press Audio Source, all of a sudden ALL the things i pressed, such as the NEXT and PREVIOUS buttons on my steering wheel or on the screen, or volume up and down, take effect on the unit and it gets so unbelievably annoying!

has anyone experienced anything like this or know what could be the problem?

ive even tried borrowing a friends 4gb usb and i put the exact same songs and folders onto it, put it in my car, and STILL i had the exact same problem! when i put the usb into his car (he also has a F900BT) it froze on the exact same songs! at first i obviously thought the usb was the problem, so i tried another 4gb usb and it just keeps happening :twisted: could it be my unit?

its really driving me insane :x .....any help is appreciated!

thanks guys

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I have the same problem with my 710 BT.

Yesterday I did some experimenting. This is what I found out:

Before I did some experimenting some songs did not work, the songs that did not work (froze the UI) were songs that I recently putted on the device. Then I did a reset of the AVIC and after I did that, ALL the songs froze the UI.

Then I formatted my USB stick and putted some tracks on it (in one folder (ROOT) AND in alphabetic order so I could recognize easy where it has gone wrong). First I putted 20 songs on it, they played flawless. Then I putted 40 songs on it, played flawless. Now I had 60 songs in the root of the USB stick. Then I added some folders each with 30 tracks in it. No problem still played all of the songs. Then I added the rest of the songs to the root. I had a total of 207 songs in the root. Seemed to be al ok but when I was at song 188 I noticed a delay, then the unit played the song. No problem. I stepped one song further and the delay became longer. Unitl songs 192 that froze the UI. All songs after that also froze the UI. So I thought max 191 songs in one folder. So I putted 191 in a folder (let's call it folder x for later on) and the oter 16 (207 - 191) in another folder.

That was not a good idea. The 16 songs in the other folder worked and all songs in the other folder also, except the folder that contained the 191 songs. None of the songs worked, they all froze the UI.

Then I thought maybe 191 is still too much. I deleted 100 tracks from folder x. But still no go, every song in folder x froze the UI. Then I deleted all songs until I got only 10 songs in folder x. Still didn't work! Strange.

Then I formatted my USB stick and recreated the folder structure on my computer. Folder x contained 191 songs, so this is the starting situation. Then I copied all songs in one time to the USB device. Strange enough ALL songs played and none of them froze the UI!!!!! I'm totally confused now. It seems the AVIC cannot handle new tracks added later on the device. But still what is happening under the hood? Why does the unit has this behavior?

Yesterday I sent a mail to Pioneer support with my findings. I hope they recognize the problem and soon release a firmware update that solves this.