AVIC411.com

Avic D3 Ebay Fraud

Welp, think my luck on ebay may have run out. Bought a D3 and some head rests from a guy off ebay. Upon arrival they were packed like crap, and the screen was gouged really bad..... Almost like the shipper meant for it to get jacked up. I would not throw one of these Head units in a box with a sheet of paper over the screen and throw it at UPS during Holiday season expecting anything less.

IMG_3728.jpg

IMG_3733.jpg

This is where it gets even better, guy calls me all seems like it was an accident, says he will refund, then nothing no more calls, no more emails.... Hmmmm. I decide what the heck, fire this little jem up on the bench, and voila it works, but mysteriously the cd player is broken...... Wow its like somone did not want this thing to get turned on.

IMG_3746.jpg

Wait do you see it.... What is all that writing on top of the dvd drive.. Was some chinese assembly worker trying to send out a secret message..... What could it mean??? Well I think it means deadbeat ebay seller jacked with this thing, and left his MAD Hieroglyphics all over the top in hopes of putting the POS back together, and make someone's holiday's extra special.

IMG_3748.jpg

I fooled around with it enough I finally got it to play, but its not pretty by any means, makes alot of noise, fukd up screen, and some pixel issues probably from dvd player being jacked up.

Not sure what my next move is, all went down over the weekend. I did like the head rests with 8" LCD's in them, after I bought a new head unit to run them. Best part is one of them, you have to physically hit every time you fire it up, because the screen is freeking out like its on Meth. Hope someone gets some holiday cheer from this... Best part is this was going to be a suprise X-mas gift for my wife. The cover was blown about the time tools went flying thru the garage, and every time I came inside to use the computer it was non stop cussing and whining. Needless to say cover is blown, and after spending double what I first planned, I still have to find another gift for her...

Here is the link from the ebay add I bought it from.

[list=]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120498368516&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_906wt_1167

You definitely need to file a complaint with Paypal. They will give you a full refund as long as you send back the unit. Your other option is to send the unit back to Pioneer for repairs, but I could see that being very pricey!! If you decided not to keep the unit and paypay will not refund your money email me I may take those head rest with the monitors off your hands!! Either way good luck!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Wow...that is insane...Well if you used Paypal you should be fine...I know Paypal holds the payment for 2 or 3 weeks to make sure there are not problems with the product( sort of like escrow)...I always use a credit card with Paypal as a second defense...That way I have 2 people backing me if I were to fall into a scenario just like this...Just file the claim and you should be fine...

• 10 months later...

wow thats really weak man and im sorry to hear that. i was just coincidentally back on avic forums to see if they had a trading post section, but i couldnt find anything.

i happen to be selling my D3 on craigslist right now, but i dont know this forum's rules for stuff like this. if you are interested, its fully functional and i have ipod, bluetooth and gps complete setups. DM if u want to chat.

• 4 weeks later...