AVIC411.com

Cant connect palm with 900bt

• 1 month later...

I've got two Treos..650 (w/ 700p firmware) and a 755p,and I can't get either phone to pair. I've tried searching around briefly, and never really found a solution. The phone and stereo see each other, but went I enter the 1111 security code in my phone, the deck just says connecting and nothing ever happens. I can get my gf's LG phone to connect in like 3 seconds, transferred her contracts and everything. Hopefully someone finds a fix for it.

I've had my Centro paired and working perfectly since February last year on both a 700BT and 90BT. I'm still using version 2.0 software with WinCE updated to 3.0 in the background--but it worked before I updated the WINCE also.

One thing I've found with bluetooth pairing on the initial pairing of my Palm Centro was that after you go through the pairing process, if you don't think it paired successfully and it may not appear to have paired, simply make a phone call while in bluetooth range of your AVIC and it will then pair. If you don't make that phone call right after you do this it appears to not pair. I can't remember exactly if it pairs right away on that initial call or you hang up and the next time you try and pair it connects effortlessly- since it's been pairing effortlessly for months every time I crank up either of my vehicles and I haven't had to go through the initial pairing process in a long time.

Maybe this will help some of you Palm guys. I've been really surprised how well the bluetooth has worked daily all this time. I'm considering upgrading to the Pre Plus on Verizon since 'my new every two' eligiblity comes up later this month-but I've heard some complaints that the Pre won't pair on some folks' F series unless it's been updated to 3.0 and I really don't have any need to update other than for the 2D heading up view upgrade. I've got so many mods I like and my two F series units have been working very well--so upgrading to the Pre Plus has me concerned if it won't pair as well as my Centro has. Actually, in many ways, unfortunately the Pre is not as capable a smart phone as my Centro has been. Best and most useful phone I've ever owned.

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

For anyone afraid their Palm Pre is gonna have problems pairing with the F-Series:

Picked up my Palm Pre Plus yesterday and was able to pair it nicely with both my F700BT and my F90BT. Just have to follow the normal pairing procedure on the AVIC and the Pre.

Has paired effortlessly since and seems to be working just like my Centro. Makes me happy.