AVIC411.com

Problem with 900BT, iPod shows on Nav screen but no sound?

Everything was working great just 2 days ago, iPod included. But today, I connected my iPhone, (which is showing up great on the screen) but absolutely NO sound is coming through the speakers. Its like its been disconnected. I tried two different iPods & both showed that the song was playing on the screen, I could even switch songs.. but still no sound coming out.

Yesterday, I did unbolt the unit from the dash and pull it forward about 6 inches so I could access a couple wires for my GReddy turbo timer, but once I was done there, I moved the unit back, & screwed back in. Maybe something became loose in the back? The FM/AM radio stations still work great though.

Any ideas?! :(

Try what Mark said above before taking anything apart if you haven't already. I've had this happen to me a couple of times while messing with the unit and every time the setting for AV1 had changed to something other than iPod. The iPod screen will work like it's suppose to even if this setting changes to something else, but you won't get the sound which is what you are describing.

• 1 month later...

I had the recurring problem I see on this site, where my iPod seemed to be working, but there was no sound.

I discovered that the Antenna Control setting had an effect on this!

Set the Ant CTRL to 'Power' and the iPod music could be heard! Put Ant CTRL back to 'Radio' and the sound stopped! I also found that the AV2 also stopped under the same situation, solving this line-in problem.

I have an F90BT with the 1.x firmware.

Ok if you have an F90BT with firmware version 1 you have a hell of a lot more problems then that. A problem as strange as that doesn't surprise me with version 1. I would say that is an issue isolated to version 1 and will be of little help to anyone beyond version 1.