AVIC411.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

by rear i meant reverse.

anyone know about how to get the power (red wire). my adapater isnt giving me voltage. where is the wire specifically on the original harness

I know this was a pretty dead post, but I am having no luck searching. I am having the same problem with no voltage from the red wire... sorry, had to revive the post. It's very weird though. I had, nearly, everything wired "perfectly" two days ago and it worked just fine. Yesterday I took a trip to Detroit, once again, it worked perfect. Today I took out my avic-120 to attach the microphone wire. Went to power it back on, and for the first 10 seconds it worked fine... I was testing the mic out.... then it shut down. From there it was a wiggle of a wire here and there, and it would turn on, turn off, until it eventually shut down for good. I checked all wires for a loose connection... nothing, checked fuses.... nothing, checked voltages.... problem. Yellow and black were showing a voltage, however, red and black were not showing any voltage anywhere where I could fit a probe into. Yes I had the key in the ON position. I was able to tap into my Viper remote start for a power on with the key turned ON and am able to get the stereo to work flawlessly. I just don't understand why there is no voltage coming from the adapter? I am also able to get only one voltage, yellow, from the backside of the factory harness, so I don't even know how the factory radio was getting power, other than from the yellow wire!?! Which is obviously just the power memory. Btw I have an 06 Explorer XLT. I don't know if I have a factory subwoofer or not. The factory radio has two plugins, not including the antenna, and can play mp3 discs, but isn't a 6 disc changer. While I'm asking a thousand questions, is there any way of determining if I have a factory sub without having to tear apart cargo trim pieces? Thanks for any info, and sorry once again for reviving a dead thread.

checked fuses.... nothing

did you check each and every fuse in the car, or just the ones labeled radio?

checked voltages....red and black were not showing any voltage anywhere where I could fit a probe into.
if your not getting voltage at the harness, you either have a blown fuse somewhere (it is always possible that the blown fuse is labeled something other than radio)or a broken or burnt wire between the fuse box and the radio (very uncommon, but i have seen it a time or two)

I just don't understand why there is no voltage coming from the adapter?
also test the wires for voltage on the factory harness, not just at the aftermarket harness, a bent or bad pin might no be positioned correctly.

The factory radio has two plugins, not including the antenna, and can play mp3 discs, but isn't a 6 disc changer. While I'm asking a thousand questions, is there any way of determining if I have a factory sub without having to tear apart cargo trim pieces? Thanks for any info, and sorry once again for reviving a dead thread.

usually with fords, if it has the factory sub, there will be holes in the grille in the back, and no holes if it doesn't have the sub.

or at the harnesses behind the radio, with ford, there can be up to three plugs, the largest main harness has 24 pins and does all the main audio stuff, the factory sub harness is the smallest and has 8 pins, the medium sized harness has more than 8 but less than 24 and is the external input harness for things like rear seat entertainment, aux in, and sat radio (I dont remember off hand if the steering wheel wires are n this harness or the main harness)

how many pins are in the smaller of your two harnesses?