AVIC411.com

X710BT or F700BT with 3G iPhone and iPod Classic

I am new to this forum, and I have been looking around trying to find the information I need. I have a 2007 Chevy Silverado, and am interested in installing a Pioneer Navigation unit (between the X710BT or F700BT).

There are several iPhone and iPod models out there, and Pioneer has not been very helpful on what will work with the appropriate features. I have an iPhone, and these are the specs listed in the "about" section of my phone are 8GB, Version 3.1 (7C144), Model MB702LL. I also want to purchase the new iPod Classic 160GB (latest model from Apple).

My intentions for the iPhone are for bluetooth hands free calling only. Of course I would like to have the contacts transferred over, and have the ability to have voice activated dialing with those contacts.

My intentions for the iPod is to have it installed in my dash full time through the CD-IU230V cable. I am not worried about videos, podcasts, etc...just music. I want to have the ability to have voice activated play functions as well.

This F700BT is substantially cheaper than the X710BT, and if the above mentioned items will work with it, that is probably going to be my choice. I am of course completely open to everyone's opinion on the pros and cons between the two units. Thanks in advance for your help.

• 4 weeks later...

i have a F700bt...

I have a 32GB iPhone 3GS that i used via bluetooth to make calls. i use the iPhone voice activated dialing feature because i have found that the headunit's voice recognition really blows. (i dont think the 3G model has voice command)

Then in my dash i have a 30GB iPod video with that $49 cable, plays anything on the iPod (movies, music, podcasts)

• 2 weeks later...