AVIC411.com

can you output front screen to rear monitors?

ok well then can you output whatever is showing on the front screen like the current source fm screeen ipod screen etc. to the rear monitor output? or is no one proficient enough to program a hack for this? I am sure it can be done via some type of hardware mod like catching the video signal running to the front lcd and solder in an rca but that would most defiently void your warranty! Trying to get around that!

• 2 weeks later...

its since not sense! lol and no YOUR answer has not changed! Unfortunatly you think you know everything about the F and X series and until you realize this you will never be able to fully understand its abilitys ! I guess i will have to go into my unit and do some type of hardware mod like when you had to modify the din cable on the old alpine cva1000's to get video into the screen . Remember that? look at least i am man enough to admit when i dont fully understand something instead of just talking out my A#$!

Ok smart ass, find a post where I don't know what I am talking about. I know what I am talking about because I owned the damned unit and I can read the specs in the manual where it states the capabilities of the unit. But, let us know when you figure out a way to make the unit do something it isn't capable of doing. In fact, why stop there, see if you can figure out a way to make rub your leg, and whisper nasty things in your ear. Typical stupid NOOB!!!

I recently had headrest dvd units installed into my vehicle. Best Buy was able to install them such that the DVD video source from the headunit (F90BT) displayed on both headrests. No other signal, gps, etc. can be transmitted however. While the headunit played a DVD (sending the signal to the rear), I was also able to utilize the GPS. I don't know what they did to make this work. I would assume, though I am not sure, that this should be possible on the X-series. As everyone pointed out, these units are not dual-zone capable. I am not aware of any software hack to make this possible, as this is a hardware issue.