AVIC411.com

Test Mode issue

I am looking to backup my unit before trying the 3.0 update, after many trials and lots of reading I cannot enter test mode, I have formatted two different sd cards and used the test mode suggested in the tutorial, am I missing something?

I have a Canadian unit with version 2.006 installed.

Any help?

First of all I hate Internet Explorer because I've had to retype this twice now...

Anyway... I'm having the opposite problem (sort of). I have installed the 3.0 update (from the 1.0 version) and, like Spydr, I've been trying everythng in the forums but I can NOT get any sign of Testmode to work. I have never modded anything on my GPS so I guess that makes me a noob to you guys (although I'm a CS major...)

First of all, does the Testmode folder even work with the 3.0 update? It appears that it does from some people's posts but i'm not sure. If not, is there any way I can get the bypass on my system? Grounding the parking wire obviously isn't a problem...

What I am getting is that all I have to do is...

1) Format a memory card (I'm using a 1GB) using computer

2) Download the Testmode folder on to my desktop

3) Extract the Testmode and MiTACAP folders onto the formatted memory card

4) Put the memory card in the GPS (which is turned off)

5) Turn on the GPS

However, when I turn it on, it is always the splash screen and then the normal start-up screen. I have tried as many variations of the above steps as possible. One possible problem is that I had the GPS plugged in to my car the first time I tried but every time after that I just used the GPS battery (no plugs at all).

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks a ton,

jev102

I don't know if this is the issue. I searched and also tried the process for almost every Testmode out there. (even the ones that worked for other 3.0 users). Also, the updated ones for the 3.0 do not come with the MiTACAP folder - does this mean that I shouldn't even have that folder anymore or that I should use the old folder?

I really can't figure out why something so simple won't work.

Thanks again,

jev102

EDIT: This post was a complete lie. After switching to version 2.0006 (idk how many 0's), WITHOUT the MiTACAP folder, it worked! Thank you VBLUE42 and everyone at AVIC411! Now it's time to start playing around with this...

Well thanks for hijacking my thread, with a completly unrelated problem.

My unit is the 2.0006 update adn I want to back it up before running 3.0

when I put the card in it starts normal almost as if it doesn't recgonize the files.

I know the card works because the unit adds the gps log to the directory.

Any help?