AVIC411.com

Avic-D2 Install Kits

New to your site and it looks like I'm in the right spot for this question. Looking at picking up a Pioneer Avic-D2 in new condition and uninstalled. My Pickup is a 2008 Ford Super Duty CC. I have the stock am/fm 6 disk CD player , it also has the external 3.5 plug for an Ipod. The dimmensions look like there right from the spec sheets but need some advice. Will this unit fit this truck and is there a good place to buy a dash install kit if so. Seems like everyone has had to shave or somehow custom each install, is that the way with this unit as well? Any insight would be awesome. Thanks look forward to checking this sight out some more..

the scosche parts book that we have to order parts have a application guide in the back, and it says

"F-series super duty pickup 2008-09 FD1432B(double din)

the harness is the: Scosche FDK11B

you will also need an antenna adapter:40-CR10

EDIT: i just checked the web sight and it said that the dash kit is the FD1432AB, not sure what the differance between the B and the AB is.

• 1 month later...

I NEED HELP !!! I purchased 2 Avic-d2 units. Ready to install and I have noticed some differences between the 2 plugs. Lets see if I can explain this. There are a couple wires that are different between the 2 plugs. 1 plug has the light green wire grounded, the other doesn't. From what I can find out, the green wire is the parking brake wire and needs to be grounded to bypass. IS THAT RIGHT? Next, looking at the plug if it were plugged into the unit, the far right wire on the top is blue on 1 plug and unhooked, and black on the other plug and wired to groung. Next, on the bottom row, from left to right, #5 is blue/white and #6 is blue. On the other plug, #5 is also blue/white and there is no #6 wire.

I need to know what terminal the wire is in for the power antenna signal

I need to know if the top right wire is to be grounded or not.

I need to make sure that the light green wire is to be grounded.

One of my cars will need the power antenna connected and the other will not, but then the other one will need to be able to play a DVD from a aux DVD player.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME, PLEASE????