AVIC411.com

700bt - screen is flashing

Hi there, I got a European Unit 700bt.

After using it since about 7 months with no mods, but regular pioneer.eu upgrades, the system started flashing the many times.

I went to the settings area and figured out that the brightness was running up and down itself.

Its like a lamp, which ist flashing, because its almost death.

So, I contacted pioneer Germany but they didnt know the problem and sent me instead to a service point where they deleted my software and set it up again for new.

As a result it was working for a few minutes and it restarted flashing again after a few kilometres.

You probably have to know, that the flashing effect is sometimes gone and sometimes there. Its about 50/50 always 5 , 10 or 15 minutes.

Finally I went to my dealer "conrad electronics" in Mainz/Germany and told him the problem.

They told me they wouldnt be able to help me, straight away, because my unit is already used. (7 month)

They could send it to pioneer, but I would have to pay for the deconstructon and bring it in.

To deconstruct the unit, you have to take down half of my cars frontboard, really a bit more than a few screws.

I told him, I would like to have a working system straight away, because I payed for, and I wont pay twice a car mechanic to replace and place a unit.

Finally he gave me his exhibition unit (in exchange to my unit a day later), which was running day by day in this store for a year now, without any discount.

A mechanic built it in, I took the latest update 2.9 with the latest european maps on it and after 20 Minutes the other 700bt began flashing as well.

So I know, its not a software and not a hardware problem, got a very used unit now, which is still not working, because with a flashing navi I cant really work.

If there is anybody able to help me, my bad navigation days would probably get soon an end.

Greets fom Wiesbaden, near Frankfurt / Germany

Have a nice christmas soon :-)