AVIC411.com

Sent my F700 into Pioneer

Ok heres the deal. My unit was stuck in the reboot loop and I could no solve the issuse at all. I tried all of the "solutions" on the forums to no avail. Unit was still under warrenty so I sent it to Pioneer. They said they WOULD cover it under warrenty: however after them having it for over a week I called to check to check on the status and they said after further investigation that they believed the unit was tampered with. True it was, I had to replace the touch screen and I did not replace the two torx screws on the back of the outside case (stupid mistake). So with that they said the unit had a bad main board. I cant find the main board any where online. Pioneer wants to charge $392 to fix the unit. Does any one know where i can get the parts? Or have any other suggestions before i trash this unit. Thanks in advanced.

Pioneer did the same thing to me. I sent in m F700 because it wasn't booting up, and charged me a $70 inspection fee, and then it was going to cost $300 + to repair.

Did you open it up?

lightfoot is being up front about it, you've not said if you've opened it, if you have, then all bets are off on "free or covered" warranty service.

• 10 months later...

Pioneer did the same thing to me. I sent in m F700 because it wasn't booting up, and charged me a $70 inspection fee, and then it was going to cost $300 + to repair.

Mine isn't under warranty anymore but they told me the same thing... but didn't tell me there would be an additional cost after the $70. Bullshit.

I did a full/complete follow the directions install on the damn thing and there POS equipment screws up and I have to deal with it.

I got maybe... MAYBE 6 months of good use out of it. Since then I've just been listening to music 3 minutes at a time.

If I have to pay $400 to fix it then why fix it? I can get a better piece of equipment for not too much more than that.

I don't NEED GPS. Shit... my droid works better than pioneer's POS navi anyways.

I will NEVER get another pioneer unit. I know a couple installers and both of their shops have pulled all Pioneer products.