AVIC411.com

Bringing my brick EU AVIC900BT back to live

Hi,

Thanks to all contributors to this forum. First of all, I am living in Belgium (Europe). My autodealer installed an European Avic900BT (it's a shame; it's costing more and has less features than an US model, no voice recognition but advertized as having it!) in januari of this year and I did a few upgrades to 2.06 but I still had a few annoying experiences with the software: insensitive touch screen, freesing ups with a windows popup message but a non sensitive ok button, resets with loosing all personal data etc.

I discovered this forum and a few interesting mods and an unofficial 3.0 upgrade, I tried to do some mods with no success. But why not take the chance and make the 3.0 upgrade! Well it was the start of a few very stressful days, it resulted in a brick with an appearing splash screen image and nothing! I tried every thing but no chance, until a few hours back: A working AVIC900BT with version 3.02!

This is a report of what to do:

First of all, I took the files mentioned in this topic:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=26625

Before trying to decompress them, rename "(part 3)" to "avic f900_700_500 ver3.000300.rar", the other big file to "avic f900_700_500 ver3.000301.rar" and the smaller file to "avic f900_700_500 ver3.000302.rar". Uncompress them to a new folder on your PC drive. Don't install this version! On my system it created a lifeless brick.

Next, take the upgrade file here:

http://www.pioneer.nl/files/support/avi ... 020200.zip

Decompress this file in a new folder, keep the folder structure.

Be sure you don't hide system files in your system and make the upgrade ON THE PC: open with the Windows Explorer the LPUE080 folder and copy all folders and files from this folder to the "My Flash Disk" folder in the previously created folder from the RAR files. Let overwrite all existing files and folders; if you don't get messages about it, you are not copying to the right place.

Next do a full format of 2 GB SD card and copy all files and folders out of the "My flash Disk" to the SD card. Your SD card contains now the folders "APL", "APL2", "APL3", "DATA", "DumpFiles", "ExtraDumpFiles", "PLT" and "User" and 15 files in the root.

Next I used the file from this link ftp://avic:avic-411@buckeyecollision.us ... 2.006+.zip

Unzip this file to your SD card and keep the folder structure. It will create an additional folder "Testmode" on your SD card.

Go to your car and start the next procedure:

Put the SD card in the AVIC900BT and give the device power, it will take about half an hour to get ready with the upgrade; I think it will be not necessary to have a running motor, unless your battery is getting old.

Wait until the device starts up in Windows mode. Now we are going to delete all files and folders from the "My Flash Disk" in the AVIC:

Start the windows explorer via "Start", "Programs", "Windows Explorer". Select first "View" and "Options..." and deselect all options to view system and hidden files and folders. Next select the "My flash Disk" and remove all the files from his root and all the folders with APL2 as the last one. Select the folders and files and select in the window menu "File", next "Delete".

The "My Flash disk" should now be empty.

Open a second Explorer via "Start", "Programs", "Windows Explorer" and select your SD card ("Storage Device") as source for this explorer.

Select "Winceimg.bin" and "winceimg.cks" in the root and select "Edit" in the window menu followed by "Copy". Open the explorer to "My Flash Disk", select "Edit" in the window menu and "Paste". Both files are now copied to the empty "My Flash Disk".

Open again the explorer to the "Storage Device", select now all folders, except "Testmode", and again "Edit", "Copy". Again open the "My Flash Disk" explorer and select "Edit", "Paste". Repeat the latter if necessary to transfer all the folders, with the exception of "Testmode".

Next transfer all files in the root from "Storage Device" to the root of "My Flash Disk", except "Winceimg.bin" and "winceimg.cks".

Cut the power to the AVIC, remove the SD card and start again. My AVIC came to live...finally.

I didn't test all functions yet, from what I have seen yet, version 3.02 will be a big improvement.

Hugo

PS. My excuses for my rather primitive and bad English. English isn't my mother tongue.

Great, Many thanks for the help, Im going to try this tonight as i cant get the other ways to work!

Ive tried to install 3.0 already and have a unit with the "system startup" message stuck on, Can i just try and upgrade straight to this or is it better to go back to 2.6 first?

Hi,

Reinstalling 2.6 has no meaning, you have to delete everything of what is on your "My Flash Disk". I had also the courage now to integrate the Diaftia's Hybrid mods and it works great. You could do it on the PC before the installation of the new system and next install the whole on your AVIC. It is really astonishing how the "outside world" must give the AVIC the interface it deserves. Are the guys from Pioneer reading this forum?

Hugo