AVIC411.com

Viper 5901 remote start

Ok, so i am a bad kid and conned my aunt into telling me what i got for christmas, who hasnt done this. So i searched and found a forum about a guy that had remote start on his avalanche, and it didnt turn his radio on, so my question is, if anyone has this remote start on their vehicle, does it allow the raio to come on?

Merry Christmas,

-Jacob

I also have a 5901.. love it.. anyways im an automotive electronics installer. I just checked out the wires for an 06 tundra it has 2 ignition wires and 1 accessory wire. as long as all 3 of those are powered with the remote start your radio will come on. Some cars have multiple ignition wires and multiple accessory wires. Whoever did the install on the avalanche must not have hit all of them (they are not all required to start the car).. dunno why but they should have.

id have to say the new viper remote is my favorite part and my least favorite at the same time =P I love the look and feel of the new style remotes.. much more elegant looking than the old ones.. i like the 2way feature.. my civic has the older 2 way with the screen which is bulky and kills batteries rather quick. While they do have a newer style remote with the screen on it i like the 5900's led 2way system.. i just replaced the batteries in the remote 2day after 7+months... i replace the battery like every 3 in the old one. The only reason I would say that I dont like the new remotes is there is a little bit of a delay.. if you press and release the buttons too fast is will blink and beep but wont make it to the car.. just get use to holding the button for like half a second and its all good! overall i love it.. the delay is not REALLY a dislike.. but i had to think of something =P You will like it.. get someone who knows what they are doing to install it and you should have no problems out of it. Remote starts on newer vehicles are not exactly a DIY project unless you have some experience working with the electrical systems in newer cars.. i do have to say though that toyota will be one of the easier ones should you try to tackle it yourself. enjoy! Merry Christmas from NC!

its all in how its wired, if you power all of the acc and ign circuits (as mentioned above) the radio will come on, however if you dont want your radio to come on, you can always use a relay to keep the radio from coming on with the ground while armed wire from the R/S system or by just not powering up that circuit (this is not a option on all cars as some need all acc circuits powered)

I am taking it to be installed by the guys from best buy in ATL.

If its all the same, I would recommend NOT having anyone at Best Buy install an alarm. You are much better off going to an independent install shop that has been doing that kind of work for years.