AVIC411.com

Purchasing soon, do I need something for iphone install?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just keep in mind that on ebay you will get no warranty and may not get a new unit regardless of what is advertised. You can get a new unit from an authorized dealer for close to that price from 6th ave electronics through Amazon and be eligible for the 200.00 dollar mail in rebate. Seriously, I wouldn't buy high dollar electronics on ebay.

Just keep in mind that on ebay you will get no warranty and may not get a new unit regardless of what is advertised. You can get a new unit from an authorized dealer for close to that price from 6th ave electronics through Amazon and be eligible for the 200.00 dollar mail in rebate. Seriously, I wouldn't buy high dollar electronics on ebay.

Not really sure how to look up that vendor on amazon? Link?

edit: when I check amazon all I see is this model being sold my Car Toys. Also, how would you know who and who isn't an authorized dealer for Pioneer? Seems like the rebate is questionable?

No need to buy separate cable. I used iphone charging cable with 3.5 jack cable that i bought from frys for $0.99.

:roll:

It works perfectly and i can use usb drive when and where i need it, if you buy that cable then you are stuck with using ipod/iphone and no usb drives.

Wrong again noob. The Pioneer cable is required to support video out. The 6th. and 7th. gen ipods as well as all iphone devices and all other ipods from that point do not support video from the headphone jack.

Wrong again noob. The Pioneer cable is required to support video out. The 6th. and 7th. gen ipods as well as all iphone devices and all other ipods from that point do not support video from the headphone jack.

I don't know about video from iphone. Haven't tested it yet and won't believe what you said because i have reason to.

As long as music is concern it works for me and for videos, i have 2 16 gig usb drives filled with it and that works nicer then ipod. soon replacing it with 2.5" hdd.

Once again however you advised to someone that they did not need a required component in order to use the advertised functions of the unit. Video is a desired function of the unit and does require the proper cable. And once again the info you advised to someone else was inaccurate and likely to spread confusion. The answers to questions that I post on this forum are based on facts. Those answers are based on my knowledge of about 95% of the working functions of this unit. I have the most post count on the Z110BT forum for a reason and I have contributed far more then you have. You at this point, have contributed to at leased three post where you state factually wrong statements and likely are spreading confusion at this point. You don't have to believe anything I say but the facts wont change.Because I am now concerned that you are posting inaccurate info every time you post. Therefor, DO NOT post on this forum again unless you have done the proper research to back up your facts or your ability to post may be limited. You may want to just spend your time reading a little instead of trying to call out senior members of this forum that actually know what they are talking about. Especially if your going to falsely call them out without reading what they said.

Haven't tested it yet and won't believe what you said because i have reason to.

And your reasons have been proven wrong and unfounded.

Clearly, that is why I responded to the OP that it stated in the manual that it was not supported. I did not know for sure so I did not say for sure.

And still you said it won't work without ever testing it Mr.KnowItAll