AVIC411.com

Z110 Install Issues: AV settings resets when car turns off?

Hello all:

I'm trying to work out a couple kinks in a new AVIC-Z110 install in my 2001 Cadillac ETC. My audio shop and I are both at a dead end so I hope someone here has a few ideas. I'm using the following setup with the Z110BT:

Pioneer GEX-PX10XMT satellite radio receiver

Pioneer GEX-P20HD digital HD radio receiver

P.A.C. SWI-PS steering wheel interface control

P.A.C. 0S2-GM32 GM Class 2 databus interface adapter

The car ended up with a sort of 'half-integrated' installation - the Z110 just wouldn't mate with the stock amp through the databus interface so all the factory speakers have been removed and new (and better) speakers were wired in to the Z110's amp... basically all the OS2-GM32 data bus does is run in the background to send ignition power to the Z110 and operate the car's warning chimes and security system.

However, there are a few issues with the Z110's memory. When I leave the car overnight and then restart it, all the sound and equalizer settings are 'lost' and have reset back to their factory default settings. The AV mode resets to 'off' and any data from the XM band - XM presets, traffic channel, memos, - are gone as well. However, not all the memory seems to be lost or reset. The following settings are saved even after turning the car all the way off:

Saved: All functions in the MAP settings, NAVI settings, and System Settings menus, Button colors, splash screen, HD radio presets, last HD radio station, POIs, favorite NAV destinations, Bluetooth settings.

Lost: Everything from AV Settings and AV sound menus (including Custom1 AND Custom2 equalizers), XM presets, XM memos, last XM station.

What is most odd is that if I only turn the car off for a minute or two - to pump gas or run into a highway rest stop - none of the settings are lost, and the unit just powers back on and remembers everything; EQ settings, presets, all of it. But if I leave the car for an hour it's all gone. I don't think its a voltage issue as the car always starts right up though.

My shop and I have both looked over the wiring and we're certain that both the XM unit and Z110 get 'constant' power rather than just 'ignition' power, so I am at a near-complete loss as to figuring out what is causing this problem. My only half-educated guesses are that it's something to do with the RAP feature in the OS2 databus, which is supposed to provide power to run the system for 10 minutes after the car turns off - perhaps it isn't sending 'constant' power because of a wiring or voltage issue? Otherwise, the shop also thought it might be that the GEX-PX10XMT isn't fully compatible with the Z110 and I should get the newer GEX-PX20XM instead, but I'd like to hear if you have any ideas before I drop more money on a second XM receiver.

I appreciate any help you all might have to offer. Happy holidays...

That certainly sounds like an issue with the constant power wire not connected properly or a defective unit. The XM music side of the PX10MT should work without problem if the unit is installed properly. I would take the install to a different installer and have them look it over. If the original installer realizes they screwed up royally, they may try to hide their mistake.