AVIC411.com

Rebate form: "Authorized Pioneer Dealer"

This is what the rebate form states. My questions is how do you know who is authorized and who is not? Or is this just to make sure people buy from a valid source, not eBay or Craigslist, etc?

I found the z110bt unit on Newegg for $949 with free shipping. I would assume they are authorized since they are a large company. I also emailed Newegg to ask them and they said they are a authorized dealer of any thing they sell. So I guess I am safe here correct?

I want to purchase today. I got the form printed out and I'm ready to go! I just don't want to get screwed over on getting the rebate for not being a informed customer.

Thanks

EDIT: Nevermind. I just noticed the rebate form has a link listing the Authorized dealers. Looks like they are very few. All of them have horrible pricing, go figure. There is one vendor that did have a price match form on their site. We'll see if they will match newegg. If so that will be great.

I question as to how often Pioneer updates their site of the authorized dealers. Its had the same dealers listed with no new ones added for three years now. I would just call Pioneer and speak to their sales dept. They should be able to confirm about a certain dealer.

Guys:

Even Crutchfield, which never has the best price on anything, has a huge rebate going for the Z110BT.

Beware....if history is any guide, Pioneer is about to launch a new model....last time they did a huge rebate, it was on the D3 and it was to clear the shelves for the new F-series that nobody knew they were going to launch at the time. After the rebate period, they quickly lessened their support for the D3. The same thing may be about to happen here...mysterious rebate in anticipation of a new model, followed by less support for the older stuff?

Of course, an alternative theory is that the price of all nav units is going down as new models come out and the new smartphones come with GREAT nav apps. There's an article in the NY Times this week that says that's exactly what's happening....

UPDATE: New model introduced at CES 2010. How amazingly predictive am I? Kudos to me, please.

- JD