AVIC411.com

doing the bypass before install?

hey i was wondering if you could the bypass before the install because i can't find a installer that would do this bypass. if its possible what could i do before hand that would make this bypass work. Ive never installed before but i understand mute pin needs to be moved and it and the parking brake must be grounded. question is can i just make some sort of splice with a ground thats already part of harness or something?

• 3 months later...
Sucks to have them install it if you're just going to rip it all out to bypass it.

Move the pin over and tell them you want it grounded when you give it to them. Don't get into details. Then you can just do the ebrake grounding wire when you get home.

Problem solved.

There are too many threads on the same subject - but yes do it, research it, it is easy.

I would think if you can do the bypass, the install is pretty much a no brainer - which means - why have someone else do the install????

Sucks to have them install it if you're just going to rip it all out to bypass it.

Move the pin over and tell them you want it grounded when you give it to them. Don't get into details. Then you can just do the ebrake grounding wire when you get home.

Problem solved.

There are too many threads on the same subject - but yes do it, research it, it is easy.

I would think if you can do the bypass, the install is pretty much a no brainer - which means - why have someone else do the install????

I was thinking the same thing only because I've done it so many times. There are things, like building the harness, tucking the gps wire, and finding the VSS wire that can be annoying to do. Doing the bypass is easy in comparison.

• 2 months later...