AVIC411.com

sorry. i was in a bit of a rush. i bought this one.

http://csua.berkeley.edu/~vaheder/stora ... PI.131.pdf

its a vehicle specific wire that runs my factory harness and adds illumination, reverse, and vss.

now the only problem with the install is that i cant find an ACC wire. according to all the benz/12volt forums, my car doesnt have one. but it doesnt make sense because the acc position used to run on the radio too. but even the diagram that was online says there wasnt one. so im sitting there freaking out cuz its the last part of the install that i need before i can put it back together. any ideas?

Normally, it's as simple as hooking red to red and yellow to yellow.... But in this case, a MB... Probably a different story.

My parents own 3 MB's and two of my aunts own MB's.... and I can tell you that MB's are weird with this stuff... Some of which I think is just dumb...ie... they have all had issues with BT and it not functioning worth a poop... For instance, their cars stay powered up for about 30 minutes after shutting it down. What this does, is leave their BT connected to their phones. In particular, one of my aunts parks hers in the garage... She's sitting in the kitchen or living room and get's a call... It gets directed to the car.

Anyhoo... I've never installed anything into a MB... How does your cig lighter act? Does it have switchable power? Does it stay on for half an hour after turning the car off? You are most likely going to have to sniff out a good source with a multi-meter... I would check the cig lighter first... if not, I'd head to the fuse panel, and with an uneducated guess, shoot for the radio fuse, or a Acc fuse and tap in there....