AVIC411.com

F500BT - best nav software ? & traffic access?

I know different people like different software but I wanted to get a few oppinions on what

software you like / have installed? Right now I've been usign my 1.0 stock unit for about a year

because I was suprised that it wasn't as awful as people have said.. but there are a few times it's

taken me a mile out of my way in teh wrong direction only to tell me to U-turn. It's weird it would

actually tell me to go left instead of right... So now i've decided to update teh software.. I've had tomtom and garmin in the past... on other gpss and my htc phones..

about me, i'm techie and I like the more powerful features... but sometimes I'll have a passenger in the

car and want them to inpu where we are going. One thing I must have is a qwerty keyboard onscreen..

So anyway, I just wanted to get a few inputs on what nav software you guys have installed?

btw I'v enever heard of MSN directaccess? is the lifetime sub still available and is the

traffic option able ot be integrated into the Nav software? (btw I'm against monthly subs)

:) thanks for your help and input. I iwish the wiki had a few inputs on what software is popular but it dosn't. thanks!

MSN Direct access is paid subscription. They give 3 month free access. They give traffic, weather, gas price and other useful information.

http://www.msndirect.com/data-compatibility.aspx

I just installed my F500BT today. I updated to latest free firmware (v2.006). I'm debating on purchaing version 3/2009 map update.

Previously, I used Garmin and TomTom on my PDA/Smartphone. F500BT, the navigation s/w very smooth (except touchscreen response time). Overall built-in Pioneer app is not too bad... :) for me at least.