AVIC411.com

Matt's Mod v 1.1 Updated 12-30-2009

I don't use an IPod and like a bigger clock so I may want to check this out. Thanks for sharing your work.

I use my iPod all the time, its just connected via the headphone jack on the ipod and plugs into the Video 1 jack on the radio.

you can still use an iPod, or any other sort of device that has a headphone jack. you just need to connect it via the RCA in jacks on the radio, you only run into the problem if you use the special Pioneer ipod cable that costs extra.

the problem stems from the fact that there is limited screen real estate, and i thought that probably not to many people use the special ipod cable, and would want the bigger clock.

if you want to get real creative with the coding, you can get rid of the ipod art, as the overlapping is a problem. It is in the navigatemap_ui, the same place that you did all the coding for this mod. Most people that have an ipod do have the cable as they are available for $20 on ebay. I think that I picked mine up for around $19.99 + $4 for shipping on ebay.

Most people that have the iPod like the interface because they can control some iPod features with it.

Yes you can connect many devices through video 1 or video 2 with the right cables. I have connected my cell phone to video 1 and played mp3s using it. That sounded great but there is no control. I just set my cell phone for shuffle.

I have been considering hooking up one of those video playing hard drive devices so that I could load it up with movies and music but have not done so yet because finances are tight.