AVIC411.com

Touch Screen broken : Only one click is accepted

Hi all,

I have a big pblm with the Touch Screen interface.

When the Avic starts up, I can do one click on the screen and that's all. All others clicks on the screen are not taken. For example I click on Multimedia and then I cannot click on the Radio.

But buttons still work (maps, menu,eject) and if I put a CD it will play it.

It happened twice. The first time 3 weeks ago, then while I was driving I tried regularly to click on my touch screen and one time it responsed back OK so I went in the system menu to reset the user data and it solved the problem.

Then one week ago it happened a second time and until now I was not able to navigate in the AVIC to reset again.

The worst thing is it happens the same thing in the testmode menu so with only a first click possible I cannot reinstall my system.

Finnaly, I tried to updated my WinCE to the last version it worked because it doesn't require the touch screen usage but at the end, the pblm is still here.

I searched in the forum and I saw that someone got the same issue but he got no answer :(

Do you have any idea please ? I really don't know what to do.

Regs

Pierryck

Configuration: F700BT, Firmware 3010100, Maps IGO 8.3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My original avic-F700BT had the same problem. And it was temperature related too. If the temp got warmer that say 65 Degrees in the car, i'd have to tap the screen several times before it would accept the next screen tap. When I was in testmode i discovered that the touch screen was not detecting the release off of the screen. It was as if i was still holding my finger down on my screen. I tried everything, i even replaced the touch screen myself and it STILL happened. The 3.x firmware update did not help either. In the winter time, the touchscreen worked perfectly.

I gave up and bought an avic-x710bt and its been fine all summer. Then i bought a second x710bt for the mustang and thats been great too. Occasionally i'd have to do a second tap on the screen but not often. Anyone want to buy a F700? :ph34r: hehe

Hi for this problem don't do anything no upgrade of any kind will fix this syndrome of touch screen the problem is the control board not the glass touch the board itself

Trust me I work on this problem without find any solution at all here or elsewhere

any ways here it's the part number for those with touch problem Part #: CWX3651

F series only

Hi for this problem don't do anything no upgrade of any kind will fix this syndrome of touch screen the problem is the control board not the glass touch the board itself

Trust me I work on this problem without find any solution at all here or elsewhere

any ways here it's the part number for those with touch problem Part #: CWX3651

F series only

Ha it figures it wouldnt be the touch screen. Thanks for the info! 8)