AVIC411.com

Finished my install today! Went great, minus the dash kit.

Well taking apart my 4Runner is like lego's! It was very easy to take apart interior and put it back together. Wiring was a breeze thanks to the harness. The only thing that sucked was the dash kit. The one I purchased didn't want to fit no matter what. We ended up cutting the bottom of the kit off to see if that would help with no luck. Ended up trashing it for now. I need to find one that will fit for sure. There really isn't much space around the edges so this might be tricky. Someone mentioned another one to me in another topic, might try that. I will attache a pic to show you the gap I have in there right now since the kit didn't work. Good thing taking apart the interior is easy! Will be doing it again probably in a week.

All in all I am very happy with it. Did the bypass mod and that was easy stuff! I noticed there was a video setting I could select for the rear DVD player if in fact I had it connected. It basically allows me to select if the front NAV should mirror the rear DVD player (play same video I guess?). There was a few other options. I would like to take advantage of this. Which I didn't because I have no idea where the rear factory DVD player cables are in this 4Runner. If any one knows or can point me in the right direction that would be great.

Here is what it looks like with out the dash kit! :P

post-37956-12872760647624_thumb.jpg

There was a few other options. I would like to take advantage of this. Which I didn't because I have no idea where the rear factory DVD player cables are in this 4Runner.

There likely an adapter that will allow you to convert the factory DVD cables to RCA which you will plug into the AV1 or AV2 input on the back of the unit.