AVIC411.com

Install ?: the connector

I am about to install my Z1 but I would like to do it perfectly and so everything is going well except for the connector, specifically the pink VSS one.

I know how to get the VSS wire through it but how about the other one where your suppose to put it through the hole and clamp it with some pliers.

Exactly how does the clamping work?, Shall I just shove some stripped wire from the supplied end of the pink wire into the hole and ...?
[quote name="Anonymous"]I am about to install my Z1 but I would like to do it perfectly and so everything is going well except for the connector, specifically the pink VSS one.

I know how to get the VSS wire through it but how about the other one where your suppose to put it through the hole and clamp it with some pliers.

Exactly how does the clamping work?, Shall I just shove some stripped wire from the supplied end of the pink wire into the hole and ...?[/quote]

Do you mean those little pinch clamps that come with the wire kits?

If so, then you don't need to strip the wires. Just shove the wire going to the head unit on the side with one opening (towards the hinge) and then slip the other side over the wire you want to connect it to. Hold them all together and pinch with the hinge open, just pinch the metal part, it will "cut throught" the insulation of the wires and make contact. Then when the metal is flush with the plastic connector, just use your fingers to snap the little hinged cover down.
Thanks, I think I got it.

The metal piece in the plastic lifts up a little on one side (the side with only one opening) and so I lifted that up and put the wire (stripped) that will go to the h/u right underneath the little opening that was made (first it was blocked by the metal). Then I pinched this metal back to its flush position and did the rest as you said. Oh, and this was for the VSS signal.

Its too bad that I didn't get to finish the install. I spend the first half of my day picking up the ipod adapter and an install kit. The second half was modifying the damn brackets and crap.

Tomorrow should go smoother. :)