AVIC411.com

What is the purpose of transfering contacts?

Actually that is a good question. It does prove useful when your BT connects before you hit the OK button on the map screen. That causes the BT calling feature to fail. If this happens you can use the transfer contacts feature to fix the problem. Also, if you use the AVIC FEEDS iPhone app while your unit is running, you can use the transfer feature to get the new GPS contact to blot your route from.

That makes sense. So if I do not hit the OK button on the NAV before the BT connects it will fail? There has been times where I didn't use the NAV and so I never hit the OK button but my contacts loaded and was able to make calls. Is this different then what you are saying?

There is also a AVIC FEEDS icon on the unit but it's always greyed out. I have a iphone and the avicfeeds app so do these two have anything to do with each other?

The contacts will transfer but the VR will fail for calling if the BT connects before you hit the OK button on the map screen. This is only a concern if you use the VR to make calls. The AVIC FEEDS icon on the unit i for accessing POI on SD card created with the AVIC FEEDS PC app.