AVIC411.com

accessing navi menu

i bought my D3 used and the guy only had canadian disks so i opted to pass on the whole GPS system all together.

i have an iphone w/google maps and am slightly paranoid of the whole GPS thing etc etc.

i have a couple questions, that i think might be able to be answered by having the CNDV-MT80/90 disks, but im not really sure, and dont care to buy $30 of DVD-DL to experiment and im not even sure if my imac will burn DVD-DL's

a little background info:

the disk drive def works, cuz i have played various DVDs and CD without issue.

when i put the HU in navi mode it says "por favor inserte el disco appropriado" im sure u can guess what that means

when i press menu, and then choose NAVI Menu, says the same thing

when i followed all the directions in the "how to" thread about background images, i put the disk containing the folder entitled PICTURES containing less than 20 images all of which are 500x240, says the same thing.

Everything else on the HU works fine.

so, all i really want to do is snoop around the navi menus, set the time and throw some of my own backgrounds on there, but i cant access the navi menu, or get a photo disc to read.

if anybody has a functioning copy of the navi dvd and/or a functioning disc containing backgrounds that they are willing to ship, ill cover shipping costs. also, i uploaded a zip of my chosen images, in case youre feeling extra helpful.

otherwise, if you have some advice on how why to address this, let me know. those of you using apple computers, how did you go about burning the "Pictures" disc?

PICTURES.zip

You will need to get the proper disk before you are going to be able to do anything navi related. To upload images you have to have a PICTURES folder burned to the root layer of the disk. Just create the folder in all caps, place your images in the folder, right click on it and select burn folder. Also, any Intel iMac that can burn DVD's can also burn DL disk.