AVIC411.com

Another : 3GS and F90BT question...

Im hoping someone can shed som light on this - I have searched the forums and have seen a few posts to help, but nothing hs worked.

I have been using my F90BT with an Ipod Gen5 with no problem (although losing the rt channel happens alot) - So for Christmas I got myself an iPhone 3GS and also replaced the cable on my Avic with an Apple cable. So with the stock cable I would get the accessory error and nothing worked with the Ipod integration... When I switched to the Apple cable I still get the warning that the device wasnt made for error, but it does charge the iPhone without any issues and If I make AV1 Video I can use TvOut and see my Ipod on the Avic Screen and I can play music/etc ... but no matter what I try I cannot get Ipod mode to work at all. If I select AV1 as iPod and connect my iPhone I get the warning, it starts to charge, but the USB icon stays greyed out and does nothing .... Any fixes that I have missed?

the Phone is on 3.1.2, Avic, I believe is on 3.01.

Thanks

I do - and something odd tonight - I was checking it out again and now the avic sees it as an ipod and plays fine.... Even if I select Video as the input on the settings, it pops over to ipod controls (Which I dont want) - So now it seems to work and I did a iapd hack to turn off the error on the iPhone. No idea why it decided to start working, I was using the iPod cable as a video input for 2 days and BAM today, it works...

I do - and something odd tonight - I was checking it out again and now the avic sees it as an ipod and plays fine.... Even if I select Video as the input on the settings, it pops over to ipod controls (Which I dont want) - So now it seems to work and I did a iapd hack to turn off the error on the iPhone. No idea why it decided to start working, I was using the iPod cable as a video input for 2 days and BAM today, it works...

can you shed any more light on how it's working (or not working)? I picked up an iPhone 3G+S today f/w 3.1.2 installed. I have an F700BT with the 3.01 f/w on it. The bluetooth seems to be squelching and feedback-like (never was with my Moto RAZR2 - but whatev) ... I used the Pioneer Cables - not the Apple ones.

Any major differences to make note of? Just curious if I should be looking at upgrading the HU if it's going to be nothing but problems with my new electronics, or if I can get this to work.

Anyone else have a similar setup?