AVIC411.com

Install Successful!

After some poking around on how to do this, I installed the Diaftia-HybridMods_v2.1 in about 30 minutes. Now I must say it was kind of difficult to figure out how to get started. I used the mod instructions that came with the download, but didn't understand that the cutting and pasting of the files was done while booted up on the SD drive. Would suggest that you just make that a little more clear. After I figured that out, it was very simple to follow the instructions. I have attached a couple of pictures and you can use them as you like.

Thanks for all the work that went into this. I must say these changes make this system FASTER and much more usable. Also adds very cool stuff! ROCK ON! :D

post-40516-12872760710377_thumb.jpg

post-40516-12872760710909_thumb.jpg

post-40516-12872760711516_thumb.jpg

post-40516-1287276071202_thumb.jpg

post-40516-12872760712552_thumb.jpg

Ok, I noticed that in the Extras there is a couple of apps. One is Opera. I can't seem to get that or any other loaded app to run. Is there something I need to do to get Opera to run? Also with Opera run using the iPhone as a tether? I can do that with my laptop, using the iPhone as a wifi access to the Internet.

• 3 weeks later...
Ok, I noticed that in the Extras there is a couple of apps. One is Opera. I can't seem to get that or any other loaded app to run. Is there something I need to do to get Opera to run? Also with Opera run using the iPhone as a tether? I can do that with my laptop, using the iPhone as a wifi access to the Internet.

Probably want to put questions like this in my thread as I just happened to browse into this post. ;)

I will update my directions to be more clear about putting the unit into testmode before copying the files.

Instructions are in my second post on how to run external apps. You need to put them on the SD card and rename them. You obviously need to provide your unit internet access via wifi or tether (which I have never done but I know others have).