AVIC411.com

F90BT hates ipod classic but loves the ipod nano..

ok fellas heres my problem, the other day my ipod classic 160gb started turning off while driving (every time i hit a bump) so i thought it was the cable connection, did my research and ended up buying the official ipod composite cable and swapped out the original pioneer one with the apple one.. well a few days after the ipod started turning off on me again out of left field, so i ended up pulling over and playing with the connection to see if it would connect again but it wouldnt connect for anything in the world, then a few minutes later the radio started goin nuts, just changing through sources, from fm am dvd etc. so i ended up disconnecting it and just putting it aside before i ended up tossing it out te window lol, so i took my girlfriends ipod which is the 4gb nano connected it used it for a day or two and the radio worked fine, didnt go nuts on me or disconnect.

could it be that the classic has the pins on the connection maybe shot?

also i noticed my classic loads a pioneer logo when connecting and the nano doesnt, would that also be a reason why this is happening?

I have the same 160GB Classic. I had cut-out problems also, even with the Apple cable, but after the 3.0 update that is a thing of the past. I've lost connection to the IPOD maybe twice in several months, and both times the IPOD was locked/frozen after I unplugged it to check. Did hard reboots on the IPOD (hold the center and play buttons at same time for ~10 seconds), plugged it back in to Avic, problem solved.

• 1 month later...
I have the same 160GB Classic. I had cut-out problems also, even with the Apple cable, but after the 3.0 update that is a thing of the past. I've lost connection to the IPOD maybe twice in several months, and both times the IPOD was locked/frozen after I unplugged it to check. Did hard reboots on the IPOD (hold the center and play buttons at same time for ~10 seconds), plugged it back in to Avic, problem solved.

This is funy I have the reverse problem! My ipod classic stop working after I updated to v3, was working ok when it was on v2. Now every time I skip songs a few times it lose the connection. Although my iPhone works.