AVIC411.com

D3 navigation resets while driving (music continues to play)

I have been having a problem with my d3 lately.

Occasionally while driving the screen will go black (music will continue to play)

The unit will reboot the nav system after about 5 seconds of the black screen

Once it has re boot I will have lost my custom boot backgrounds and other custom backgrounds. Anyone ever deal with this issue or have any ideas what it could be?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I do have the same problem on mine, lets see if we did the same. I got a burned CD from ebay(cheap) first it was working fine then it starting to reboot itself, lost pictures I had, map work great but resets by itself. I might be a problem during installation, it could be the CD that has a lost folder. This happened to me before when I got the 2008 upgrade, and again with the 2009 upgrade. What I am going to do is to downgrade it and install it again. Good luck and let me know. Just in case for downgrade you will need a remote control if you have grear, just look for instructions in this forum for downgrade instructions. Good luck!

Just an update to my post. After I got the randomly recurring shutdowns, my unit developed another major problem. I was driving to work one day and the map screen completely scrambled, the map appeared with hundreds of random intersecting streets drawn over it. I was worried so I reset it immediately, after that I have not had a random shutdown or reset.

I looked back through this forum and I found 4 or 5 similar stories. All were using burned upgrade disks. So I believe it is being caused by the disks not the unit itself. Although it could be caused by the unit having a decreased capacity to accurately read the disks over time. Oh well, :( a few years from now disk based navigation will be obsolete anyway.