AVIC411.com

HOW TO: Display smaller speedcam warning when signpost is up

In many mods the signpost will display over the speedcam warning due to lack of space. I figured out how to make it so that you can display an alternate speedcam display when the signpost is valid. I used IDT's small speedcam display in this since its a good smaller readout. Also kept me from having to make a new image. ;)

IDT, you should be able to use this almost directly since you offer a large and small readout for speedcam already. Just attach the script to your existing ones.

To do it start by opening the navigatemap.ui file. At the top is the observer for when the signpost is valid. Change that line to this:

Add in this script to the bottom of the navgatemap.ui file. This can go in the speedcam.ui file if you want as well. Doesnt matter:

This is where the customization comes in and things get a little more complicated.

Open the speedcam.ui file and paste the script below in there. This script modifies your existing speedcam display to be the IDT small display. You may need to change some of the elements in the single quotes that are called out here. For Example: Look in your speedcam_800_480.ui file and make sure that "sprSCW_SpeedCamLimit" exists there. Do this for all the elements (sprSCW_SpeedCamLimit, txtSCW_SpeedLimit, etc.) in this script. If one is missing you will get an error.

This script restores your speedcam to what it was before you changed it in the script above. What you need to do here is again make sure all the elements exist. Once that is done you need to just go into your speedcam_800_480.ui file and look to see what the x, y, fontsize, color, glowsize etc., values are for the existing elements. Make the parameters in the script below match what those are. That will put it back to how your speedcam warning display was before the script above modified them:

Copy these files to your 800_480 directory:

Speedcam.rar

Good luck!

Alex (Diaftia)

so i basically just have to add a script run it, i spent seriously too much time with it before and created another set of scripts to make it work but still had no luck, why didn't i think of that? :lol: good job

It took some various places of trial and error but worked out well in the end. It will definitely be the easiest for you to do since you have the large and small warnings already. All you need to do is alter the observer and insert the conditional script.

Thanks man!