AVIC411.com

trying to wire myself need some help

on the z-1, i tried so far just to do a basic install. Just wireing up the power wires and speakers and the wires that go to the Peripheral CHYAH05. That's all I did so far just to see if the system was working ok. Well the system boots up fine. But when I shut the truck off then try to start back up the radio dosen't seem to come back on. But if I pull the wires from the truck and then plug them back in and reset the radio it boots back up. What am I doing wrong. Also on my 2006 dodge ram there is 2 sets of wires coming out of the factory radio what is the other one for. Also i am hooking up a rear camera and a sirius unit can i wire them to the same wires as the radio for power and ground or is that to much on those wires.

You should be ok for getting power for all of that right behind the radio. The other harness that plugged into the stock radio is more than likely the harness for the factory sirius. If you want to be sure. throw the stock radio back in and leave that harness disconnected. If you get sirius then I was wrong and it does something else.