AVIC411.com

can i use a sirius antena from factory radio

i got a 2006 dodge ram with sirius radio installed in the factory radio. I don't know where the sirius antena is but there is a little black antena on my roof. i wanted to see if i can use that on my z-1. but does any one know what that wire would look like coming into my factory radio.

I seem to remember the Sirius module being behind the back seat on the passenger side, but I may be thinking of an older model. Any how, I don't think the antenna can be used with an aftermarket tuner. I believe the antenna was of the 2-connector variety, whereas the newer tuners use a single plug antenna.

I have a 2006 Dodge Mega Cab 2500 and the factory Sirius tuner is above the glovebox. The install of the aftermarket tuner is pretty cool and easy to do. Take out the glovebox, unplug the Sirius tuner, and remove the tuner along with the bracket it is mounted with. Remove the tuner from the bracket and mount the new tuner on the bracket using just a couple of sheet metal screws. Make sure to mount it at the feet of the tuner and don't shoot screws up into the tuner. The fatory antenna will work but you need to sqeeze the connector end a little to make it fit snug then slide it onto the tuner connector. You will want to zip tie the antenna cable somewhere with a little slack so that it can't wiggle off of the tuner. My Sirius tuner is the new one and is not much larger that the factory one. If you have one of the big tuners I don't think this will work.