AVIC411.com

Resupported App Makes Video Out Possible

Just letting everyone know of a new app that I have found. The App is called Resupported and it will bypass the security check which makes the iPhone or iTouch incompatable with video out and the Avic D3 ipod cable. The one catch though is that it is only on Jailbroken devices and it does cost $1.99. I have been using it for the last few days and it has been working great. I did not write the app so don't blame me if it doesnt work for you. One thing I have noticed is that if I use my passport to charge at the same time there is alot of interference. The app is currently only available on cydia at this time. Good luck guys........Also there is no reason that this shouldn't work on any device that has the same capabilities as the D3 and is also lacking a proper chipped cable.

Mods if you can sticky this it would be great as I think alot of people are looking for something like this.

Hey I downloaded this app but it doesn't seem to work for me. I have the regular avic d3 wires, but it continues to say my iphone is not supported and won't play video, just audio.

Can you give me a small step-by-step guide as to what you exactly do? Maybe I'm not doing something very simple.

It would be great to watch videos on my avic-d3 from my iphone

Only thing I can suggest is to make sure that you are running the lastest firmware (I'm running 3.1.2) and also make sure that you do a full reboot on the phone after install. It should also remove the warning saying that the phone is not compatible would you like to switch to airplane mode. If that fails I would try to reinstall. Also with the newer 1.1 version there is an SBSetting plugin which gives you the ability to turn it on and off as the auto-detection does not always work right. Not sure what else to recommend. Good luck of you have any other questions i will try to answer though.

It actually did work for me today. I did a respring, but I guess my phone needed a full reboot like you mentioned. However, it works kinda weird. When I plug it in the not compatibly warning still pops up. Then when I got to switch songs the song doesn't play and it just says stop. Then on my iphone it asks me if i want it to display on tv and I hit yes. Then i can choose the video.

Is there an easier way to watch videos? Or do I have to do this everytime? Also, how do I watch youtube videos?

This is also annoying when I don't want to watch videos, but just listen to music. I have to go on my phone each time i plug it in and tell it that I don't want to display it on the tv.

Did you install the sbsetting adon it let's you completly turn the modification off. That should solve your problem. I haven't had that problem since I upgraded to the new version but I do keep the mod off using the sbsetting until I have to watch a video. Once you install sbsetting and the sbsetting resupported switch all you need to do is slide your finger to the right starting on the AT&T icon and it will open up and allow you to turn it on and off. The author of this app is still working on it so he should get the bugs out.

• 2 months later...

i had similar problems with my 3gs first i discovered the ipod wire was faulty then theres a couple of setting u need to switch to make resupported work know it works more than fine i can even control the videos like skip back play or pause from the d3 screen resupported is not free but is well worth the 1.99usd i paid for plus after u download it u need sbsresupported installed wich is free and bossprefs to toogle the on off of sbsresuported package then u go in ur setting and set resupported to tv out in composite and it should do the trick also DO NOT upgrade to the new iphone firmware of 3.1.3 it says it fixes a couple of rare issues with the battery but i doubt it and its not going to make ur battery last longer the only thing it does is scrap ur jailbreak and u cant do it again after cuz the 3.1.3 is not jailbreakable yet so dont do it ur fine with 3.1.2 or lower (btw resupported and sbsresupported are only available on cydia or rock wich are like installer but the jailbreak version) if you have any question on the process im happy to help so just pm me ill help u the best way i can :P