AVIC411.com

X910BT POI search & other questions

Hello.

I was about to pull the trigger on a Z110BT, but it looks like the X910BT does more.

Questions..... thanks in advance for answers!!!!!

1. Does this unit have the ability so search POI's along a route?? The z110 cannot.

2. Does this unit have "split screen" showing a 3D view on one side and 2d map on the other like the old Z series?

3. How fast is the user interface when accessing an IPOD or music/video on the SD card?

4. Can this unit do plain AVIC FEEDS, letting me program my own POI's into it?

5. Does anyone know of anything the Z110 can do that this one CANNOT...? It looks as if this unit MAY be able to search for POI along a route and the Z110 can't, but I want to know if the Z can do things the X cant.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Yes

2. No

3. iPod is good, SD is not so good.

4. With the AVIC FEEDS PC app.

5. The Z has a lager screen, voice control over nav, one addition AV input, much faster and much more stable user interface, integration with the AVIC FEEDS iPhone app, high pre outs, and probably a few more things that I cant think of right now. However, there are a few other in-route options you get with the F/X series as well as better AVIC FEEDS POI integration but these enhancements with the F/X series don't out way the benefits of the Z in my opinion.

Hi Vblue42

You seem to know a lot about these units.

I'm old school. I feel this thing should be a navigation system first, and then they should add bells to it. Kind of like a cell phone should make good calls first, and view you tube only after that.

I've never used the voice control because the technology to make that feature good is a good 5-10 years off. The larger screen is barely so on the Z. In my case, the better GPS outweighs the smaller screen.

Just how "slow" is the user interface? Slower than the Z series?

Also, Pioneer's web site specifically shows the X910BT does not have AVIC Feeds..... I'm thinking they meant iphone AVIC feeds, not computer based feeds?

I actually need two in dash units. I may buy one of each...

Thanks again!!!!

P.S. Have any thoughts on the addition of a "green" driving system in the ne X920? When Pioneer is leaving out split screen and along route POI searching on the Z ...... wasting resources for a feature I'm assuming no one is asking for and no one will use is out of line, in my opinion.

I haven't use any of the X series units but it appears people are still complaining about those units still being a little slow. I don't know where you got that opinion about the VC, it works well on the Z. Apparently still problematic on the X. As to weather the GPS is better in one then the other will have to up to you. I would suggest going to a shop that has both units on display and decide for yourself. The X will certainly allow the use of AVIC FEEDS POI's through the PC app. It will not work with the iPhone app. Don't know about the X920 as it is not released yet. The Z does offer split screen map view but unfortunately there is no along route view. This is something I hope is included in a future software update. As I previously stated, I have owned the F series and now the Z and I prefer the Z even though I mis a feature or two that the F had. Per the complaints on the forum about the X series it still appears that series is still a frustrating experience similar to that of the F series. Good luck on your decision though.