AVIC411.com

need xtra help bypassing the n2

tried bypassing the n2 with a solder gun and bridged the 2 contacts and grounded the green brake wire, but my n2 still failed to get bypassed anyone know whats missing for completeing the bypass. contacts looks good. how can i bypass the n2 after all has been done..?

First Welcome to Avic411. Second you only have to post the question once. To be nice I'll try helping you out. Did you reset the system after doing the bypass? If not do that first. If it still doesn't work, then you might not have a good connection bwteen the points. I would remove the solder and try again.

i tried removing the solder job i did and retry the connection and it looked better then the first job but still no good. i even reset the system by using a paper clip and pressing the button in front. everything works on the system the way its sappose to but i guess the connection btwn the 2 points got messed somewhere in btwn my solder job. is it possible to take it apart and reconect the points and to make sure i didn't melt it all off..?

yes i did ground the parking brake wire. i have a manual trans too so i don't know if that helps.. i didn't connect the VSS does that make a difference...? i tried my friends N3 in my car with my wiring harness and works great. and visa versa mines in his cars harness and still doesn't work. i don't know y they made the N2 where u need to soder and the N3 where u just have to click the switch. sucks ....

question after u soder the contacts together and wiring harness is hooked up without the VSS and grounded the parking brake, when and where btwn all this do u reset the unit.? after u plugged the unit in the car and its on or b4 you plug it in the car with no power..? i'll try and take a picture of my soder job and see what u guys think.

tried cleaning up the sodering job i did and looks really good i see the original contacts and have a good connection on them. seemed to work great once i cleaned everything up and drove for 10 mins at various speeds ranging from 0-45MPH and worked. went home to get a DVD to check it out in the ride while driving and thats when it said a improper connection for the brake. took it out the system and tried doing the foil and peanut method, it worked and got excited again and when i shut the car off and turn it back on it failed me again saying the same thing about an improper connection. can someone please help me. is there something i'm missing...?

thanks i'll try that... i basically test the units bypass system by going to the nav menu and when i drive (above 5mph) only 1 function will be highlighted for use and if the bypass worked all th options will be highlighted. regardless of speed. i had it working but after 20 mins. it went back to normal. trying the circuit pen now..