AVIC411.com

Help a new n00b.

Hey all, I'm sure you get sick of all the kids asking... but I'm tired of searching and only getting half of what I'm looking for in posts.

I FINALLY got my F900BT hooked up yesterday, and I am wondering the best route to accomplish what I need.

I tried (or rather someone else did for me) to do the hardware bypass, and it seems to only work for about half a mile before it kicks in and says stuff about improper grounding and then cuts the video off. So I said rather than pull it out again I'll do the software bypass. My question is... I'm sure this thing is way out of date, so can I guess change the value in the ini file on the 2.X update from pioneer and be done with it? Or do I absolutely HAVE to update to 2.X then do the weird testmode stuff? I like to consider myself an expert when I comes to computers, I just don't see how changing a couple digits in the text file is going to FUBAR the legit update. And the testmode doesn't sound very fun...

Also is there a max size on the SD/USB support? I couldn't find a straight answer on this either. I have a couple 16GB flash drives, and they aren't recognized... I suppose I need to wait longer for it to recognize from what I read. At work we have a 4GB SDHC card on sale for like 12 bucks, will it do that no problems? I actually don't have any SD cards right now cause I've never needed them.

And back to the bypass... If I do get my guy to pull it back out again, does anyone have the link to the thread with the TONS of pictures. Not the one that the sticky links you to with only like 3, but the one with the guy who explained the proper grounding of the parking brake lead, I think that's what went wrong. He had pictures of the whole wire kit spread out on a table. I found it once, cannot for the life of me find it again.

Thanks for any time and help in this.

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=19689&p=132357&hilit=hardware+bypass#p132357

I believe that is the link you are looking for.

If you are getting a message about improper grounding, the software bypass probably won't help you. The parking brake still has to be grounded properly in order for the software bypass to work.

As for the max size of SD/USB...the MANUAL says there is a limit of 8gb for SD, and 2gb for USB, but people have had success with larger mediums. It's been hit and miss though!

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=19689&p=132357&hilit=hardware+bypass#p132357

I believe that is the link you are looking for.

If you are getting a message about improper grounding, the software bypass probably won't help you. The parking brake still has to be grounded properly in order for the software bypass to work.

As for the max size of SD/USB...the MANUAL says there is a limit of 8gb for SD, and 2gb for USB, but people have had success with larger mediums. It's been hit and miss though!

Thanks, bought a display model from BBY for like 300 bucks, I was lucky it came with all the harnesses. I went through the online PDF but must of missed the max cap. Thanks for all your help sir!