AVIC411.com

Intermittent MUTE occuring and can not be disabled...

I have my z110 installed in a 2009 Chevy Conversion van with SWIPS and bypass done with MUTE line intact

I have this annoying problem that only occurs on long trips: When running with the heat on 'feet' or on split to "vent/feet" for 45 minutes or more, the MUTE engages all by itself and I can not disengage it with any buttons on the steering wheel or with the buttons on the HU..... Turning off the heat or turning it down so that its blowing cold air seem to correct this after several minutes, but its hard to run for long periods of time in North Dakota/Minnesota without heat.

Anyone heard of this being an issue with the PACS SWIPS overheating? Or is this something that can be due to the HU overheating?

• 11 months later...

I realize this thread is almost a year old, however I have the exact same issue with my Z120 in my 2008 G5 GT. I have the GMOS-LAN-04 module and the PAC SWI-PS and am experiencing the exact same condition as above.

Hopefully since the time of the op someone has some knowledge into this.

I don't have or know anything about the PAC itself, but my money is on the Z120 overheating due to the excess heat under the dash. Make sure there is room for the fan in the Z120 to circulate.

From the Installation Manual:

Do not install this navigation system in

places where it may become subject to

high temperatures or humidity, such as:

— Places close to a heater, vent or air conditioner.

— Places exposed to direct sunlight, such

as on top of the dashboard.

— Places that may be splashed by rain, for

example close to the door

and

When installing, to ensure proper heat dispersal

when using this unit, make sure you

leave ample space behind the rear panel

and wrap any loose cables so they are not

blocking the vents.

Also make sure the wires from the harnesses aren't blocking the fan.

These units have been known to partially or fully shut down when overheated. Permanent damage can also occur if not remedied.