AVIC411.com

return used unit for new?

so i bought a used z110bt on ebay for $660 shipped..got $52 cash back comming. recieved it to find its missing the mic, gps, and usb assembly, has some blemishes on the screen that you can only see during the daytime and a tiny scratch that you dont notice unless you look close on the bezel. the seller is refusing to work with me stating thats what he put in the auction..even though it doesnt say anything about it. lost the partial refund dispute on ebay for the missing bits/wear = $200..and i would accept $150 as the 3 missing parts will cost about $125. my credit card will dispute the full $660 w.paypal and have the money back in my account in 1 business day if i give them a tracking number and send it back to the seller. then i could buy a new one for $890 on ebay w.1yr warrenty being the seller is an authorized pioneer dealer out of florida and will exchance the unit within that year no questions asked. Of course the new unit would have the missing pieces and a total price difference of about $100 and ill still get $71 cashback through bring bringing the total price of the unit to $820. should i do it?

My gut says just cuts your loses, buy the missing pieces and use it. Credit Card disputes are NEVER as easy as they make them out to be.

Well consumers it is much easier then for businesses. Ask me how i know this :twisted:

I bought mine from ebay as well and pretty happy with it so far. :)

+1, I got mine off ebay too, but I knew the seller and it was brand new, not used. I'm usually okay buying brand new items off ebay, but used stuff is just a roll of the dice. Has to be a damn good deal for me to take that risk with used stuff. But since you already have it, I'd just run with it.