AVIC411.com

How to convert Outlook addresses to POI automatically?

I've got many contacts in my Outlook address book, complete with the full address and everything.

I want to use those contacts directly in my AVIC F10BT to navigate to them. Without any additional work, I can just use the contact entries to call them.

I understand that I need to add the exact location to each entry to be able to navigate there. The iPhone NavGate Feeds app does exactly that, it uses normal Outlook contacts and adds a location information to the entries and syncs that to the F10BT.

So far so good, but I couldn't find any way to add those locations to existing contacts in an easy way. The best thing would be that some app would use the address as already stored in the contact, putting that info into google maps and then using the location found by google maps for that entry.

I wasn't even able to do that manually so far, since when I "edit" an existing contact in NavGate Feeds, there's no way to search for any address, much less automatically the address that's already stored in that contact.

And the PC app AVIC Feeds doesn't help me either. The import of the Windows Address Book doesn't find any entries and even if I'd export an CSV out of outlook to import that, I'd still needed to add the location info manually to each entry...

Has anyone tried something in this area?

There is no way to do what your talking about doing that I know of except for the iPhone app. Even then it still wont import the existing contacts on your phone and convert them. The only way an app could do what your asking is if it could intelligently convert the address text to GPS coordinates and export the file as .CSV or .KML. I don't know of any app that will do that. Just do the leg work and manually add all of your contacts in the favorites app on the unit. You should only have to do it once.