AVIC411.com

Will Testmode work on latest version S/W

Hi, I purchased a F900BT in Australia (original version 3.0x software for AU - Australia).

Will this unit boot in testmode?

If it can, I have tried but without luck.

Have downloaded the aussie version of "AVIC-F900BT_AU_Testmode.zip" and extracted both folders to the root directory of a newly formatted 2GB SD card (MiTACAP and Testmode). There are no files on the root directory, just these two folders.

When the F900BT boots up with this SD card inserted, it just starts normally.

I cannot seem to find any posts that clearly state that "Testmode" will not work on original V3.0x units.

Sounds like the AU testmode was based upon an old Testmode release. Make sure you use Testmode_2.3.rar (download/file.php?id=8932). It has a single folder called "testmode" that you put in the root of the SD card. That folder has some 0-length files with names like "164C549550B84211BA8C4B84AC5C0081". These files are the "keys" the firmware looks for to know you're allowed to boot into test mode. When a new version of the firmware comes out, one usually needs to determine what the new key file's name is an add it to the test mode folder.

EDIT 2010-01-18: Uploaded my copy of Testmode 2.3 which didn't have the CRC errors on CEcmd.exe, updated the links above.

Sounds like the AU testmode was based upon an old Testmode release. Make sure you use Testmode_2.3.rar (http://www.avic411.com/forum/download/file.php?id=7376).

Thanks, I tried the download but unfortunately the rar file seems to be corrupt (when I attempt to extract is came up with a crc error).

I will investage the various versions of testmode files that are out there. So far all the versions I have seen use the same "zero file size" code files.

My F900BT is a new unit only purchased this month. Is it possible that the latest units from Pioneer have had the testmode hack blocked by pioneer?

Sounds like the AU testmode was based upon an old Testmode release. Make sure you use Testmode_2.3.rar (http://www.avic411.com/forum/download/file.php?id=7376).

Thanks, I tried the download but unfortunately the rar file seems to be corrupt (when I attempt to extract is came up with a crc error).

I will investage the various versions of testmode files that are out there. So far all the versions I have seen use the same "zero file size" code files.

My F900BT is a new unit only purchased this month. Is it possible that the latest units from Pioneer have had the testmode hack blocked by pioneer?

the 2.3 should work on the new firmware, pioneer hasn't not updated the firmwares yet so that means that you might have just downloaded a corrupt file

Huh, so it is. Luckily my copy is still OK, I'll attach it to this reply.

If it's a more recent version, perhaps. What firmware version do you have (I think it can be found under Settings->System Settings->Service Information). Mine's 3.020100 (UC) and Testmode 2.3 works fine for it.

Testmode_v2.3.rar

Huh, so it is. Luckily my copy is still OK, I'll attach it to this reply..

Thanks mate, the new copy extracts okay....and it looks quite a lot different to the other Testmode files I have seen.

If it's a more recent version, perhaps. What firmware version do you have (I think it can be found under Settings->System Settings->Service Information). Mine's 3.020100 (UC) and Testmode 2.3 works fine for it.

Yep, mine is 3.020100 as well. The box that the F900BT came in has the code XS/AU. The box also carries logos for the local software suppliers that have their software pre-loaded into the F900BT (ie suna, Parrot, and Whereis...local aussies will know about these companies)

And finally.......it (Testmode 2.3) works (boots to Win CE). Wow, what a cute little operating system. I played with a few of the apps. Looks like it may even support a usb mouse and keyboard (can anyone verify this).

Next thing is do a back up (need to read a few posts to find out about how to do this), then is "modding time".

Thanks FourG, you are a legend