AVIC411.com

Four Ipod cables?? USB port location?

Okay, I see four possible Ipod cables from the Pioneer web site that give video and total control of the ipod through the Z110, and very little info on the forum search other than "use the IU50V".

Thanks in advance for the answer(s):

1. Which cable is best..... and why?

2. I see all of these cables use USB.... and the image @ Pioneer.com does not show a USB port/jack on the back of the Z110. Were the Pioneer engineers so dumb as to make users plug a big ugly cable ONLY into the front of this nice, new receiver? There is no USB connector other than the front panel? Even the Pioneer web page shows an "Installation image" where the ipod cable has a hideous orange tag hanging from it. JUST what I need to see in the car.

3. If the answer to #2 is yes, can anyone find me a Pioneer engineer? I'm going to cut his balls off. Perhaps then the blood flow will be re-routed to his brain.

If the answer to #2 is yes, I'm cutting a hole in the case and wiring in a rear USB jack, or hub if possible, and I need the following question answered:

4. I've seen some blurbs on 411.... has anyone confirmed that a USB hub CAN be used with this unit, and what is the model number of this hub? I don't want to trash the functionality of the front panel USB by having a second USB in the back, but I will if I have to. A hub would let me have both.

If someone can confirm a working USB hub, I will post detailed instructions on modifying the Z110 to have a rear USB port.

P.S. I say we take up a collection to fly one of us to Pioneer US headquarters. A preposterous "Green" environmental impact feature in GPS systems is the last thing we need Pioneer wasting resources on, and a USB jack in the back of the frigging unit and other needed features need to be brought to their attention.

There is no USB on the front of the unit and nowhere is there any indication that there is. There is also only one iPod cable listed as an accessory to that unit. As far as to weather a hub can be used or not that question remains to be answered for sure. Apparently you can connect a hub and get some functionality but there has been no word from the forum member that tried it on what his final conclusion was. It might be better to PM him to get a better idea if it fully works or not.

Okay. where does the ipod cable plug in? To one of the wiring harnesses? It has to be, as their image of the back does not show a USB port.

Also, I just checked out the Pioneer web page. They have TWO links for accessories on the Z110 page, and one of them does show only the IU50V. The other one shows multiple cables. I of course chose the latter.

I am VERY glad to see Pioneer did not uglify the Z110 by putting the USB on the front.

P.S. When one clicks on the IU50V cable page, Pioneer shows the cable plugged into the front of what appears to be the X910BT. They should be more clear on their pages where the USB port is for the Z.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can order the cable now......

Thats just a DVD playing model, not a nav system. The same cable works for many different models so the photo just happens to be tagged CDIU50V from that dealers gallery

P.S. When one clicks on the IU50V cable page, Pioneer shows the cable plugged into the front of what appears to be the X910BT. They should be more clear on their pages where the USB port is for the Z.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can order the cable now......

4. I've seen some blurbs on 411.... has anyone confirmed that a USB hub CAN be used with this unit, and what is the model number of this hub? I don't want to trash the functionality of the front panel USB by having a second USB in the back, but I will if I have to. A hub would let me have both.

If someone can confirm a working USB hub, I will post detailed instructions on modifying the Z110 to have a rear USB port.

USB hub that i'm using is from micro innovations and its usb 1.1 as it was lying around i used it to test it.

I'm using both my iphone and usb drive at same time but you have to connect your iphone/ipod first and wait for it to be recognized by z then you connect usb drive into hub and everything should be working. (I keep shortcut screen with both ipod and usb icon to make sure they are both activated when i do this)

I will test this set up with usb 2.0 hub time permitted.

post-31722-12872760977444_thumb.jpg