AVIC411.com

Bluetooth just stopped working?

Hello everyone, I have an F700BT with the 3.0 firmware that was released last fall approx. My unit has been working great since it was installed last summer.

As of yesterday, my AVIC will not connect to my phone via Bluetooth even though it has been doing it flawlessly since it was originally installed. I've tried pairing by every method, deleting the connection from my AVIC, my Nokia phone, turning bluetooth off/on on both of the devices, etc. I'm pretty sure the Bluetooth works on my phone as well since my PC can send files to it still.

Is there anything else I can do here? I'd really NOT want to send the unit in as I don't want to rip my car apart and am wondering how the hell Bluetooth can even "break"? Any input is appreciated.

You can push the reset button to reset and after the unit restarts try pairing the phone again. If that doesn't work go to the pioneer site to download the bluetooth firmware to an SD card and reinstall. I think they have a couple of different ones, so you may have to try both. You may have somehow corrupted the files.

If you go to phone options on your avic, there is a screen where you can load the files. Although my unit is working fine now, these units seem to have a tendency to need some resetting/reloading of files through no apparent fault of the user.

Hope this works for you.

Reset the unit with no dice - downloaded the latest firmware (even though it was already installed) and overwrote it.. works like a charm now. So weird that it'd do that, but if I had to do this twice a year I'd be fine with it over replacing the unit. Thanks for the help as always!

• 2 weeks later...
I have the same problem.

I need to reinstall the BT s/w about twice a year

No idea why that is

i have the same problem. my bluetoorh died some days ago. have european avic 900bt, firmware 2.09.

but my problem is a bit more dificult, ...i can not upgrade (install the bluetooth pineer oficial upgrade), because when i tried to upload the unzipped files to my avic...i get error message. I even can not see the bluetooth version on avic's screen. It's so strange...Please help me. Any ideas?

You can push the reset button to reset and after the unit restarts try pairing the phone again. If that doesn't work go to the pioneer site to download the bluetooth firmware to an SD card and reinstall. I think they have a couple of different ones, so you may have to try both. You may have somehow corrupted the files.

If you go to phone options on your avic, there is a screen where you can load the files. Although my unit is working fine now, these units seem to have a tendency to need some resetting/reloading of files through no apparent fault of the user.

Hope this works for you.

i have the same problem. my bluetoorh died some days ago. have european avic 900bt, firmware 2.09.

but my problem is a bit more dificult, ...i can not upgrade (install the bluetooth pineer oficial upgrade 2.9), because when i tried to upload the unzipped files to my avic...i get error message. I can not even see the bluetooth version on avic's screen!! It's so strange...Please help me. Any ideas?

I found that after installing an updated mod,I had no bluetooth connection.I tried to pair my phone again but nothing could be found.I couldn't reinstall the blue tooth update and the firmware version was showing as"not found"In desperation i reinstalleda previously saved copy of "My Flash Disc"and hey presto!Bluetooth came back to life!Hope this might be of help to others having similar problems.