AVIC411.com

Are CDNV-90MT and CDNV-80MT discs interchangeable?

Hi to answer your question ... The answer is no you would have to downgrade to go back to the 80mt..

However the 9o mt work better.... if you use XM radio you get your icons back that did not work with the 80 mt and your unit boots much fast ... Plus the map up dates its a win win..

SWDW

• 2 weeks later...

MORPHOUS WROTE:

Downgrade Instructions for bad map data

Fix for an upgrade gone wrong:

If you find yourself with a non working unit or corrupted map data after the upgrade do not despair, there is still hope to "downgrade" your unit. First go to system settings and change the language (doesn't matter if it's to french or Spanish) Let the unit "upgrade" your unit again and make sure it goes well and finishes. then change the language back to English, but hit the eject button before the unit has a chance to start the upgrade. You will see "insert the appropriate disc" message. Take your old working disc (CNDV-80MT) for example and place it in the unit. IT will then "Upgrade" to the older version. You should now have your old version in English.

I hope this information makes things a bit clearer for people and condenses things for anyone looking. Thanks to everyone for helping out and seeding. That's what makes this community so great!!

• 2 weeks later...

im curious about the 90mt as well. im still using the stock 2007 disks that came with my d3 and i downloaded the 90mt yesterday and was going to try them out today but i seen this post so im not sure if i want to do it now if it will mess things up. i didnt even know these had any kind of firmware on them. but im still very new to them also

• 2 weeks later...

There are firmware updates on the 90 MT

The xm icons now work as opposed to the 80 mts also the unit boots and re boots faster.

This is my opinion only the units works a little faster and smoother with the 90MT..

plus the map updated that you get ..

Win win to me

The 90MTS are better :):)

• 3 weeks later...