AVIC411.com

Several noob questions - mute - power - SD card

Recently installed an avic-x910bt. I don't have steering wheel controls. I do have the mic hooked up.

Generally happy, but I seem completely unable to find answers to the following questions. I've read the manual backwards and forwards, searched on these forums and nothing. I apologize if these have been answered in the forums and I've simply missed them.

1: "power" button - is there a way to just turn the unit off? Sometimes, I just don't want it on. No music, no screen, nothing. I could live with a "map only" as long as the audio was off.

2: mute button - similar to above, is there a mute/att button I'm missing? Inconvenient to twist the vol control all the way down.

3: Every once in a blue moon, I get random pop up screens. Last time, it said "Feelin Alright!" I was on Sirius as the source, but there is no consistency. And "Feelin Alright!" wasn't the song/artist on, which is what made me realize it was so odd to have popped up. This normal?

4: When the unit starts up, it sometimes picks a random screen to end on. It'll be like "audio settings." Definately not the screen up when powered off the time before. This normal?

5: I often use SD cards as an audio source. Most times, it's starts playing the song from the last power off (though from the beginning, which isn't a big deal). But it does seem "too often" it starts playing the first song from the first folder, like it was newly inserted. Anyone have this problem too?

6: Again, randomly, it pops up asking for the anti-theft password like it lost the power source. I know that it hasn't because all my presets/eq/etc are still good.

7: Speaking of battery power cycles, is there any way to save all the custom settings if I have to pull the battery cable? so many things are custom set and lost over power cycles, it'd be nice to save them to SD/USB or something.

Thanks for the long read and any answers/comments/suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...

The reason it came up and said "feelin' alright" is you set the memo for that song. If you set the memo for a particular song, and it comes on any channel in the XM or Sirius world, it will ask you if you want to switch to that channel so you won't miss that song. Just a neat little feature I found recently (I just got mine, and I LOVE IT!)

• 4 weeks later...

1. No

4. Is your unit new or used? Where did you buy it.

5. Known flakiness of the unit with SD music.

6. Refer to #4

7. No for the most part. there is a setting replicator for use with the AVIC FEEDS PC app but it is pretty useless.

Hey I know there isn't a way to turn off the units screen w/o disabling it the user options but you can turn it "off" so that just the time is displayed in the upper left hand side.

Granted I did this w/o enabling the GPS so my screen was just blank but where you select DVD-SD-USB etc. just click OFF in the bottom right hand corner and it's blank-o.

But i am surprised that there was not just a "Power" key worked into any of these units.