AVIC411.com

IPhone causing reboot... help

I installed the x710bt yesterday and hooked it up to my IPod classic without a problem. But, when I tried to hook my 2g IPhone up the headunit just keeps rebooting never making it to the main menu screen. My IPhone beeps and says it's charging when plugged in so it seems like the connection is good. I cannot figure out what is wrong, if anyone can provide me with some insight it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

I installed the x710bt yesterday and hooked it up to my IPod classic without a problem. But, when I tried to hook my 2g IPhone up the headunit just keeps rebooting never making it to the main menu screen. My IPhone beeps and says it's charging when plugged in so it seems like the connection is good. I cannot figure out what is wrong, if anyone can provide me with some insight it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

What iPhone cable are you using? I know that from the 2g to 3G and 3GS they changed the dock connector cable and some newer accessories will not work with the older iPhone. The HU might be compatible with the 3G or 3GS.

Thanks,

Jason

What iPhone cable are you using? I know that from the 2g to 3G and 3GS they changed the dock connector cable and some newer accessories will not work with the older iPhone. The HU might be compatible with the 3G or 3GS.

I am using the Pioneer iPhone Cable model number CD-IU230V. My buddy has a 3G so I will have to test that theory although pioneers website claims it should work with iPhone.