AVIC411.com

I have an interesting problem. When I play full screen(4:3) from my 160 gig Ipod classic the video is stretched to fill the 16:9 screen on the Z110BT no matter what resolution I sellect in the Ipod video settings on the Z110BT. Also when I play a full screen(4:3) DVD it also stretches the picture on the screen even though I have the TV size setting on the unit set to 16:9. I have tried all three settings and video doesn't change. Hopwever when I play an "avi" video from a disc that is full screen it plays correctly with black bars on either side of the screen. Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

There are 3 places you can set the AR when using with an ipod.

In the ipod itself, you can set the video out and also set how to deal with widescreen vs 4:3 media. Not sure if either of these have anything to do with qwhat you see on your headunit screen, though. These settings are available on the ipod itself, not through the headunit.

In AV Settings, you can change among full (or is it wide?), normal, zoom and cinema. These effect the stretching on your screen. I've found the settings for these to be weird.

- For DVDs, widescreen DVDs in any AR exceeding 16:9, the setting should be full/wide, and 4:3 DVDs should be set to normal.

- For DivX via DVD, a setting to full/wide will work for all ARs, as long as your video is encoded correctly

- These various zoom settings, if I remember correctly, also interact with the aspect ratio setting for the ipod.

Remember, these are all in "AV Settings" and not via the little "gears" setting icon available when you're actually viewing ipod/DVD/Divx video.

Now, for the video AR settings that are available via the "gears" setting icon when video is playing, I think this is the "TV" setting, which is for the rear screens only. I leave this alone and use the AR button on my headrest monitors to toggle between 4:3 and 16:9 (not necessary for DivX, but necessary for DVD and iPod video).

Bottom line, I think if you leave the ipd video settings alone and change the AR/zoom setting via the AV Settings menu, you should be good to go.