AVIC411.com

X910BT Navigation not recognizing roads ?

just installed the X910BT (version 3.020100) most recent updated firmware in a 99 Porsche Carrera. so far im not completely crazy about the unit. the factory unit had better volume for starters. i've been using a Garmen Nuvi thats about 3 years old and have never seen a better nav system. the nav in the 910 has already not been able to find 2 local addresses (house's that are over 20 years old), it tells you to turn in x-amount of feet usually 400+ while your at the actual intersection. im in New Jersey and the Garden State Parkway is a major toll road. if my destination involves driving on the GSP it will tell me to get on it and spell it out by name but when im on the GSP it shows it as an "un-named road" but yet shows it markers and exit signs correctly, the NAV voice volume is definately not loud enuff even when on full high searching for POI's isnt an easy task and if you dont spell your location correctly you will not find it. and unless im missing something, there is no auto dim, or nighttime mode, which leaves the unit crazy bright at night unless you manually go into settings and dim the display screen, and am also shocked that the unit isnt RDS ready. im actually going to the installers shop later in the week and if he cant show me some tricks or secrets with the unit, and get the Nav functioning properly its coming out and i will be looking at other manufacturers. IF ANYONE HAS ANY SECRETS, TRICKS, ETC...PLEASE FEEL FREE AS YOUR KNOWLEDGE IS MUCH APPRECIATED

Bernie