AVIC411.com

AVIC-F90BT Navigation Issue

I'm having a small issue with my unit, and it only seems to be with one road near me. There are two roads that go East/West where I live. One is a major interstate (I64), the other is a state road (State Road 60). When I enter an address that would require me to travel on one of these roads the Nav Unit always selects State Road 60 instead of the interstate. I have played with all of the settings in the Route function of the unit and they all try to use the state road instead of the interstate. It's weird in that in only does this for these two roads.

Would this be a problem with the map or a problem with the unit? Is there a known way to fix it?

I am currently running FW 3.0 and the only mod currently installed is the SW bypass for parking break.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a F700BT and since the 3.0 map udate the Nav unit will not route me through the Downtown Tunnel on I264 here in the Hampton Roads area even if I am sitting in front of it and mapped to an address on the other side. It will route me several miles around. It sees the tunnel, it just will not nav through it. This problem is also present on my buddies new X series with the same maps. It is definitely a map issue and not the unit itself. I just don't know who to see about getting map issues corrected. Anyone know who to contact?

Other than this my unit has been running troublefree for over a year now. Keeping my fingers crossed :)

Just got off the phone with Pioneer support. The number to call for NAV issues is: 1-800-421-1404, press 2, press 4, press 2, press 1, press 1. Gotta love the menu system. You can report your issues to them and they will report to teleatlas and Pioneer. Of course nothing is going to be done right away, just getting it in the queue for the next map update. They also said to report this to teleatlas at www.teleatlas.com. I asked about map updates on this and was told the updates come from Pioneer and they didn't know what the cost, if any, would be. Guess now it is a wait and see. I would imagine if enough people call and complain maybe we have a shot at getting a free fix. Encourage all of you friends to call, and call often.