AVIC411.com

Pioneer IP Bus questions

Anyone know where you can get Pioneer's IP bus specifications? I checked all over the web and pioneer sites w/ google and onsite searching and found nothing substantial.

My main question is: does it matter what position each component is hooked up on the bus? ie: does the i-POD interface have to go into the XM reciever or can it be hooked up the other way around? My guess is it doesn't but ..... don't want new fried components all over the floor of the garage.

Thanks in advance for the 411.

joe

My main question is: does it matter what position each component is hooked up on the bus? ie: does the i-POD interface have to go into the XM reciever or can it be hooked up the other way around?

It doesn't matter the order. It only matters which colored end of the cable goes in the correct way. IP Bus cables can only go one way, there is a "towards the Z1" side and an "away from the z1" side. Keep the orientation correct and the actual order of the devices doesn't matter.

That said it only matters unless you get the "cheap" AUX input

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-GcceazDvQR ... =130CDRB10

which needs to be the last in the line. I also believe that the CD changer needs to be last in the line, and if you have a cd changer, you can't use the "cheap" aux input and you would need a more expensive aux input

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-GcceazDvQR ... =130CDRB20

if you wanted aux and cd changer. This expensive aux input can go anywhere in the line and the cd changer would need to be at the end.