AVIC411.com

Also... how are you exiting out of the EQ menu after your customizations? At least are you using the custom EQ settings?

I too find it odd that it retains all your other settings, but not the EQ....

If everything else checks out, I'd try a full reset...

Also... are you using any device to retain factory amps..etc?

Thank you for all your advice.

I tried this trick: "I suspect it is reseting more then just EQ. Change the AV1 input to something other then iPod and restart your car. If it changes back to iPod your power wire is not connected properly."

I set it to video and shut the car off. When I restarted it it went back to ipod.

What is wrong and what do I need to fix. I am going to try to do it myself.

Thank you.

Also, if the bypass is done correctly, should I get an error message at every startup, warning that the Parking break is not hooked up properly, or should this message not show up?

Thanks

Thats exactly what I thought. Your yellow power wire has a connection issue. Fix that and the problem goes away. Also, if you get a parking brake error that means the bypass is not done correctly. Lastly, if you had this professionally installed, take it back and demand they fix the problem. You might also insist they use a different person then did the initial install.

What is wrong and what do I need to fix. I am going to try to do it myself.

As said, the yellow wire from the HU should be connected to a point in the car supplying a constant +12 Volts, independant of the ignition switch.... It's currently probably either not connected, or connected to a switched +12...